Career Opportunity: Machinist
Stinson’s Industrial is currently seeking a manual machinist with at least 5 years’ experience to fill an immediate job opening.
This is a full-time position with opportunities for overtime. This position may occasionally require long hours, nights, and weekends.
The ideal candidate will be extremely well versed in many aspects of traditional / manual machining. Duties of this position may include producing one-off or bulk parts using mills, lathes, grinders, planers, etc.
Day to day tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Producing machine parts for production lines.
- Machining parts from metal and/or plastic.
- Operating various machine tools, including mills, lathes, grinders, and planers. (Most work will be performed on mills and lathes, but some CNC experience is a plus.)
- Disassembling and repairing machine tools.
- Building new machine parts such as gears, splines, and shafts from scratch.
- Performing one-off / job-shop type work.
- Working independently and/or as a member of a team, in our in-house shop or on-site in an industrial setting.
The machinist that fills this job opening will be expected to
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Work at heights without fear
- Work using logical step-by-step procedures
- Plan/solve problems and make decisions based on quantifiable information
This position for experienced Machinist offers competitive pay, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, vacation, paid holidays, friendly work environment, and a 401K. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right, motivated individual.
We are a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace.
Want to apply?
If you’re interested in applying for this Machinist position, please schedule an appointment to fill out an application by calling the office at (901)345-2201. You can also download the application online and have it filled out prior to your appointment.
3389 Fontaine Rd.
Memphis, TN 38116
Phone: (901) 345-2201
Fax: (901) 345-2297