Career Opportunity: Millwright
Stinson’s Industrial is currently seeking a millwright/industrial mechanic with at least 10 years’ experience to fill an immediate job opening.
This is a full-time position with opportunities for overtime. This position may occasionally require long hours, nights, and weekends.
The ideal candidate will be extremely well versed in many aspects of industrial/plant maintenance. Duties of this position may include installing, dismantling, repairing, reassembling, and moving equipment/machinery in factories, plants, and construction sites.
Day to day tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Precision installation of equipment, machinery or components including anchoring, leveling and aligning.
- Establish equipment or machinery center lines and elevations
- Disassembling, Repairing, Rerouting conveyors and machinery
- Installation & Setting up of new equipment and plant machinery
- Removal & Demo of equipment & plant machinery
- Repairing both light & heavy Industrial Manufacturer Equipment
- Performing preventive scheduled maintenance on industrial machinery
- Participating in plant scheduled shutdowns
- Some Knowledgeable of reading drawings & interpret shop drawings
- Use of oxygen and acetylene equipment.
- Knowledgeable & competent in various rigging & lifting procedures, operate rigging equipment and dollies to place heavy machinery and parts
- Knowledgeable, Experienced & competent in using various equipment such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, forklifts etc.
- Setting, leveling, and aligning electric motors
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures. Ability to understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by customer for information regarding the type of material required to get job done.
- Installing bearings and shafts, aligning pulleys on shafts, installing couplings, installing motors, and belts to precise tolerances.
- Realigning chains and sprockets
- Aligning and testing equipment, and making any necessary adjustments
- Performing predictive and operational procedures
- Identifying and replacing defective parts
- Servicing and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Welding and fabricating (proficiency in tig welding a plus and preferred) perform non-critical welding
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company
The industrial mechanic/millwright that fills this job opening will be expected to:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Work at heights without fear
- Work using logical step-by-step procedures
- Plan/solve problems and make decisions based on quantifiable information
This position for experienced millwrights and industrial mechanics offers competitive pay, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, vacation, paid holidays, friendly work environment, and a 401K. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right, motivated individual.
We are a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace.
Want to apply?
If you’re interested in applying for this Millwright / Industrial Mechanic position, please schedule an appointment to fill out an application by calling the office at (901)345-2201. You can also download the application online and have it filled out prior to your appointment.
3389 Fontaine Rd.
Memphis, TN 38116
Phone: (901) 345-2201
Fax: (901) 345-2297